Level Up Gaming is a Toronto-based organization that provides individuals on the autism spectrum and with other disabilities the opportunity to develop and explore their real-world social skills through goal-directed group gaming experiences. Founders Christian, Daniel, and Kelsey tailor each gaming session to help our Players work on their collaboration, resiliency, critical thinking, and self-reflection skills through tabletop gaming!
What We've Achieved
- Developed, and ran, the first group of it's kind in Toronto, Ontario in spring 2016.
- Our pilot group had four individuals on the autism spectrum and with other disabilities participate. As well as a substantial waitlist.
- The Players told us that the really enjoyed the pilot group, and that they would definitely attend again.
- The Players also expressed that they:
- Enjoyed trying new things during the group.
- Felt more confident working with other people or in a team.
- Found themselves feeling less anxious in social situations.
- Created a sense of community amongst members.
... And we've only just begun! Stay tuned for more exciting news, and developments, from the Level Up team as we builder a bigger and better experience for our Players.